Including International, National And New York State Based Organizations
Many people who are concerned about an actual or potential brain injury do not know how to locate the organizations and find resources that can provide information and actual help. This section identifies and provides links to 50 resources that will help identify important issues, answer many questions and, overall, make you a better advocate for those who need help.
3. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Tel: (847) 737-6000
23. Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological health and Traumatic Brain Injury Tel: (301) 295-3257
28. Institute of Medicine (IOM) Tel: (202) 334-2352
37. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Tel: (301) 496-3167
50. Weill Cornell Medical College: Brain & Mind Research Institute Tel: (212) 746-545 (Based in New York State)